Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Shadow Sneaker


It's nearly 3 months that I've started walking back to school instead of riding 'WW 6' (coz I've been deprived of a bike by the school being a regular customer). Walking has literally brought a new face into my multitude of perception about the world.



In the past 2 weeks I've noticed that involuntarily, my eyes go down to the concrete, whenever I cross a person (walking in the same direction). Initially I thought I was shy (Seesh! How can I even imagine that I was shy?), but today, I found the real reason behind my action. My eyes are always focussed on the shadow of the person am crossing and my feet with its own mind, sneaks sideways to avoid it. Guess am a shadow sneaker. Nights are the best to see me going crazy, coz there are at least 2 different lights shadowing at the same time, and jumping in front of a crosser doesn't put me in the category of 'Normal'. I see a natural ability (or should I say agility) in gracing out of the shadows in seconds.



PS I also noticed that at nights I skip head light trails of cars coming opposite of me, by making longer and faster steps as the light crosses me. I know am a really really deeply retarded crazy guy. But as long as I don't break anyone or self or any rules, I'm fine with it.

1 comment:

sri said...

You really are patient enough to notice these things, I do remember watching my shadows and other people when I walk - What I generally notice is that people mostly look down or see only few meters when they walk they dont see long distance,makes me wonder whether everyone live in thier own world defined by few meters circumference :)