Monday, December 10, 2007

Paper marks to the rescue

With the weekend all placed in answers I've long searched for, the last paragraph of my research paper had to wait till the usual last moment. With the new resolutions kicking good in the 10 days I'd been following, I had an opportunity to prove one more time that I don't care what other think about me.
My newly habituated 'Can we go out Hari?' and 'What's your schedule today Hari?' roomies getting well addicted in going out every now and then, I decided to hit Steak n Shake as we all wished for. 'Steak n Shake' N my paper in 'Stake and me in Shake' I decided not to mind about others, and so took my 'ever hot' laptop along with me. Yes, I did take my journals too. With 'Steak n Shake closed' we decided to hit the nearby waffle house. A bowl of 'Waltz soup' on one side, a bunch of journals on the other and the laptop on the side, it was all fun listening to my friends philosophical talk on grits, and me thinking of NIPAAm behavior (a polymer am working on). I didn't care what the other customers were staring at. Thanks to Sam - the cook, Jimmy Buffet was scoring good on my list of things happening the moment.
I was happy that I took the gamble and proved one more time, that I am not the person who forgets about my life, and cares just about others. The other times I proved them and still managed to hold on strong to my resolutions where, when I quit on free Starbucks coffee thrice in the week, that too with my new close friend cum sister, 4 opportunities of iHOP syrup - never even touched 'em, quitting on tea offered twice at my friends place and of course, giving clues about my friends true strength, instead of just advicing them what to do and then making them realize their true potential.
Believe me or not, my way of messing up articles I read, had indeed helped me do good in writing my paper. All my 'read articles' are marked in 2 different colors indicating the importance of the lines, marking every marked zone with key words like '4 my paper' 'use for thesis' 'concept' 'data for future reference' 'awesome idea' 'mimic if failed' etc really made me laugh and also organize well for my paper. I have never been the guy who keeps my textbook neat. I always, right from my childhood have scribbled on my textbooks, underlined words or sentences and even torn edges of papers or folded them indicating their importance. I am very happy that I am not as 'neat and organized' as my mother and am happy that I am still organized on my own way. I did throw up this one as yet another reason to prove my mom that I was taken from a trashbin and not born in her womb - Always liked to do this joke on my mom and we laugh on it. How psychotic can I be??? :D

No comments: