Thursday, January 10, 2008

Furtively Funny


First of all, to make things clear, remember that I am no stalker and I don’t accept stalking. Now getting on to the incident. After braining out on downloading about 50 papers and subsequently reading a couple of them I was all left hungry and tired. With the New Year scratching me out of any food money, I had no other option but to go to the medical cafeteria for cheap food. As I listened to Dave Mathews Band and turned around the robotics building corner, I saw my good friend and lab mate walking a couple of meters from me. My mind raced me to say, ‘N. Kidhar?’, but somehow my tongue pushed the words back and swallowed ‘em. I started walking just behind me just to give him the creepy moment of surprise. But I guess I’ve lost all that childhood prankness in me, and decided to walk behind him. In the next 10 minutes of walk we had to the medical center, neither he noticed my presence (though my earphones were blaring into the ambience of awesome weather and I being just 2 meter behind him all the time), nor I tried to call him. With every passing parked car, I analyzed the angle of mirror reflections and moved sideways just to avoid his glance. Even while crossing roads, he had to turn his neck on both ways to check for vehicles and he didn’t notice me. I had two statements running through my excited head. 1. I am right here. Can’t you see me? And 2. I am making sure that you don’t notice me and I shall try to get as close as possible. It was all a different kind of experience. I am waiting for his arrival in the lab so that I can say him what I did yesterday.

The return journey was all intense. I said, ‘What up dawg?’ to a ummmmm a dog near the patient transport spot, and it barked at me. Gave the dog a cruel look and threw a piece of crumpled paper (I guess it was the ATM receipt) I found from my coat pocket, at which the dog smelled for possibilities of a free meal and then grrrred back at me. Though I am a dog lover, and had good experiences with dogs all my life, I checked every now and then behind me, if the dog was furtively following me like I did it to my lab mate. (Guess I need to take the last statement. Makes me feel that I was a dog then) As Joey says in French “Pooh” “Toute et le fruit”

1 comment:

sri said...

//(Guess I need to take the last statement. Makes me feel that I was a dog then) As Joey says in French “Pooh” “Toute et le fruit”
//

LOL :P