Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dissolving Shadows

A couple of days ago, in spite of the availability of my car, I decided to walk to my lab. With only the usual fleece, I reached my lab. Four hours later, I decided to stop any more lab work and started going to my home. Two thirds into my walk, my gaze shifted to my shadow, dynamically growing and shrinking with the passing sodium lights. Through the mist of my breath I saw its shadow; the shadow of my mist dissolving and disappearing slowly into the pavement. This is the same shadow, I see everyday in winter. But today, it was quite different. It was much more dark and intense. Some rambling thoughts made me think of dragons throughout the rest of the trip. As soon as I entered my apartment, I went straight to my laptop and typed ‘www.weather.com’ The custom Lex Vegas settings, gave me a page with the words ‘Right now for Lexington. Cloudy. 14 F. Feels like 12 F’
I just opened my fleece zipper and checked if by chance I had a thermal or anything inside me and found none of that sort. One fleece jacket, not even my usual skull cap, and I didn’t even feel the negative 9 degree Celsius. In two years my body has accustomed to the extreme weathers. Guess next year, I would just walk with a T shirt.

3 comments:

Jaya said...

It's all in the mind....

sri said...

Sure as hell we are warm blooded animals capable of surviving :)

AnoshkaZ said...

Like some1 said.. its all in the head :)

Ive read a few of ur blogs.. just never commented. Just tht i finally sud somewhere :) how come i dont see you blog much?